Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Indiatimes.com online shopping

I bought a ’Toolkit for home’ for Rs 199 on 25-11-02 and find to my utter disgust that that the rachet screwdriver does not lock in the clockwise direction. I went throught the ’HELP’ and ’FAQ’s’ but could not find the hyperlink for ’Return Policy’ , So I had to send them an email for the details of the procedure. To cut a long story short After over dozen email & around 9 months and dozen auto repies like the one given below.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback.
Do be assured that we will look into your feedback on priority and that we are committed to protecting our customer’s interests.


Best regards.
xxxx

I got my 199 bucks back. That was my last time I ever used the indiatimes shopping site. Their site @ that time clearly stated that refunds would take 4 weeks, I never expected it would take around 9 months!!!!!!!!!!.

Like I mentioned it in one email to them that my amt was small & I am determined to keep it that way so no more indiatime shopping for me. And the best part of it is that piece of junk I bought from this site is available on baazee.com for Rs 49 to Rs 99.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: