Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Timex Ironman Triathlon

Bough t the Timex ?Ironman Triathlon? in Jan 2001 for around Rs 3000 in Mumbai. Apart from having the usual facilities that a digital watch is expected to have, it also has 10 memo fields to enter data.. That?s what prompted me to this watch.

But after about 4 yrs I must say that I am very disappointed with the quality of the watch. My family & friends have other cheaper Timex watches or older analog watches, which keep better time. My Timex watch gains about 3 minutes EVERY 2 months !!!. Also the loop of the watchstrap keeps breaking of every year & so I am forced to change the watchstrap every year. It seems to be made of recycled plastic or rubber.

For the price I paid for this watch I didn?t expect this quality. It?s now available in the same Timex showroom @ Dadar for Rs 1995 :). I wish I had waited longer. Wrote a stinker to Timex in India got a call from their Mumbai office and got the usual platitudes. What more can these jokers do. Case of another MNC over charging in our country.

No comments: