Recently I had the opportunity to setup a B 450TC1 wireless modem cum router. Setting up is fairly straight forward & should not be a problem for anyone. To set up
1) We first open a browser & type 192.168.1.1 in the location bar.
You will see a similar pop up on your screen. The User Name is ‘admin’ and Password is also ‘admin’ after
2) Next you will see the following window
3) Click on the tab ‘Interface Setup’ -> ‘Internet’
4) Make ‘Virtual Circuit’ as ‘PVC 0’
5) Make ‘Status’ as ‘Activated’
6) Make ‘VPI’ as ‘0’ and ‘VCI’ as ‘32’
7) Select ‘ISP’ as ‘PPPoA/PPPoE’
8) Type your Telephone as your ‘Username’
9) And your CA No. as your ‘Password’ (CA number is your Customer A/c number found on your tel bill)
10) Next type TCP MSS = 1360 Bytes or leave it as 1400 (Default).
11) And type TCP MTU = 1492 Bytes.
12) Go to the bottom of the page & click on ‘Save’.
13) To enable DHCP go to 'Interface Setup'->;'LAN' and select DHCP option
These VCI & VPI I have mentioned above is basically for MTNL for the other ISP’s in India it’s the following
14) If you notice ‘DNS Relay’ is set as ‘User Discovered’ ie hard coded, I would suggest that it’s set to Auto Discovery.
15) To save click on 'Save' button at bottom of page.
17) Select ‘Current Settings’
18) Click on ‘Restart’
The basic ADSL modem setting are finished. To check if you are connected to the internet in the setting of the modem/router go to the ‘Status’ tab as seen below.
To setup the WiFi.
Open the router page as mentioned as before
Go to ‘Interface Setup’ ->’Wireless’ (See Below)
Make ‘Access Point’ as ‘Activated’
Add a SSID (Your Network name) of your choice but not your name of address.
Authentication Type is selected as WPA2-PSK
Encryption is selected as TKIP/AES
Pre shared key is the wifi password. For generating long random passwords you can use
For further security I would suggest using the MAC filters for which in the above picture
Action should be made ‘Allow Association’. And the MAC addresses of the gadgets you want to connect to the WiFi router should be added
Lastly click on ‘Save’ then as above
Go to the ‘Maintenance’ tab & then on ‘Sysrestart’
Select ‘Current Settings’
Click on ‘Restart’
I am now presuming you know how to get your other gadgets connected to this wifi router.
I am given to understand that this screenshots & setup is similar for UT-Star wireless Type II & IV, Beetel Type A 410TC1m, wireless type B 450TC1 & type C 480TC1.